Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Three Tattoos, and What They Mean

I have 3 tattoos.

They all have significance to me, but others would probably think they're silly. Two are in Sanskrit. One "Karma," one "Yoga." I got Karma because I was going through a period of time where I was really questioning my faith, and I was leaning more toward Hindu and Buddhist principles (and I still am, more Buddhist, less Hindu, with a pinch of Tao)... I strongly believe in the concept of Karma. Yoga is also a nice concept- not just the art of breathing/stretching, by the way. Union and discipline - some people say it's the art and science of disciplining the mind and body. I mostly got that one to constantly remind me what I strive for when I "fall off the wagon," so to speak, or feel emotionally exhausted. It helps me stay focused quite a lot.

The third is a Phoenix that one of my good friends drew. I got it after I finished my undergrad. It was to symbolize the beginning of a new life... But I'm still in the same old life, a poor student, living at home. I'm a little embarrassed about that, but hey, what can you do when the economy is shit and you get stuck exactly where you live for a few more years...why not make the most of it and go back to school? I was planning on moving away to another state, get residency in that state...then start going to grad school. I had to hit rewind and do things out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment