Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting back in control

I feel like a certain part of my life was going out of control. My health, my weight loss progress. I've gained weight, and I'm embarrassed about it because I'd been working hard and the general trend for the last two years was down... I remember going into the health center at CSUF in October 2008, and discovering that I weighed 272. I remember how horrified I felt as my acid reflux was burning my throat. I never had acid reflux or heartburn before until I hit that weight, so it was a new experience for me, and I very much didn't like it.

When I broke my ankle in August 2009, I weighed 238. By the time I pulled myself out of the depression surrounding breaking my ankle, I was 254. This morning, I'm 264.5.

I'm seeking help. I'm going to the health center at CSU-Fresno to ask for help, psychological, physical, and dietary. Luckily, they have dietitians on campus, too.

I'm starting today, with attempting to get things back on track. As I'm posting this entry, I'm eating some cream of wheat (the heart healthy one, if I remember- I think that's what it's called. It has 7 g of protein and 5 g of fiber) and an apple. As for the rest of the day, well, I'll figure it out. But I'll be taking some cherrios, a banana, and some almonds with me to class to deter me from not only buying something bad to snack on, but also to deter me from spending any unnecessary funds!

I'm hoping to make it to the health center today to at least schedule some appointments. I'm also hoping to make it to CSUF's gym today after class. I can sacrifice 30 minutes to walk on the treadmill, right...? Or even on the indoor track? I've been spending the bulk of my free time studying.

1 comment:

  1. Leptin and Ghrelin are the two controlling hormones that affect in weight regain. The level of intake of such hormones predetermine the capability to maintain weight loss.

    ReplyDelete