Thursday, August 12, 2010

Steve* to John to Kim and Susan to...The Bitter Old Hag

So as you may or may not know, dear readers, I've had accounts on and off on various dating sites. I've tried eHarmony, Match.com, Plenty of Fish, and OkCupid. I've not had any stupendous luck when it comes to dating as a concept at all, but adding in the concept of online dating, and well... The luck is quite dumb and unfortunate, mostly, to say the least.

The main positive I can say about "online dating" is that I have in fact made a lot of interesting friends this way. For example, my friend John who I mentioned in the title. John is a pretty cool guy who ironically is friends with my friends Kim and Susan. We discovered all of our friends in common via LiveJournal.com. So anyhow, I met John on OkCupid earlier this summer, while we were both just looking for friends and nothing more. On my half, I've just become utterly tired of relationships at all and have determined I'll probably die a bitter old hag (cue your tiny violins here!), and for John he had just started going through a nasty divorce. Situations are still the same there. Anyhow, I needed to set you up for how I know John in order to progress in this story.

I found out that John works at Pelco. Then I found out that he knew a guy I'd previously met on OkCupid, Steve. I met Steve last summer, and after talking on the phone for several hours and having one date with him, it was pretty obvious to everyone who knew of my dating endeavors that I was a little bit smitten for him. So when I received a message from him about a week after our date, I was excited until I began to read it. Steve had admitted that he liked me as well, but that he had just gotten out of a relationship and his then exgirlfriend had contacted him and begged him for a second chance. I told him that I knew he had to do what he had to do, because if he didn't, later he might be kicking himself for not trying to make things work. In truth, at the time I hoped they would break up so I could have him to myself..that's mostly the bitter old hag inside of me speaking, never you mind her! So anyway, John knows Steve. I expressed to John how bummed out I was that Steve went back to his exgirlfriend, but that I had finally gotten over it...I mean, I did date Jared as a rebound from Steve for 3 months, right?

John informed me about 4 hours ago now, that Steve and his girlfriend are now engaged.

This of course, enrages the bitter old hag in me, because yet another person has found happiness with regards to that aspect of life, while I just stew here in my potential hatred for the human race... Yes, I am being a tad dramatic, but only because it's more funny that way...isn't it? ...Gosh I hope so, lol.

*Do not confuse the Steve mentioned in this entry with my exboyfriend Steve who I dated for 6 months out of boredom and the deep desire to just BELONG to someone, even if he was a total putz.

No comments:

Post a Comment