Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 30- Who are you

I'm Milissa. I'm 28. I make mistakes just like everyone else and I don't believe that I'm perfect or that I know everything---not even close. I play softball, I swim, and I run. I make efforts to eat in a healthy manner but I sometimes slide on that. I've had weight problems since I was a kid, and I'm finally making efforts to turn that around. I have an unhealthy obsession with lip gloss. I love my family and my closest friends, they mean the world to me. I love geology and geography. I collect rocks and foreign currency. I have skin conditions that can often be annoying, ranging from acne to eczema to dermatitis. I once broke my ankle and I still have issues with things like jumping or stomping my feet. I once broke my nose and had surgery to correct the deviated septum. I've had shingles, and I have nerve damage from it. I hate peas. I can't eat fresh pineapple, but I love the way it tastes (read: nerve damage). I've seen Gone With the Wind so many times that I've lost count, each time was with my Grandmother in my childhood and until she passed away. I love a good pizza, and have been known to make special trips to get some, even if it means driving for 2 1/2 hours one way (Klondike's in Arroyo Grande?). Breakfast is my favorite kind of food, though. I can be stubborn and level headed at the same time, but more than likely stubborn. I've been playing the piano since I was 9 years old, self taught. I want to learn how to play the steel drums, really bad. I don't make wishes on shooting stars, on fallen eyelashes, or when the clock reads 11:11, but I do smile when the clock reads 12:34. I'm a little bit double jointed in my hands. I wear glasses that are breaking, and I haven't had an eye exam in about 7 years... I'm due, but I can't afford it. I love traveling, and if I could afford it, I would love to go more often. I need to get a new car- either a Honda Fit, a Chevy Aveo, or a Ford Focus. Because I work so far away from home and geography/geology is one of my main loves in life, it'd be nice to have a more fuel efficient car than I have right now. I have two people I consider my BFFs, Barb and Steph. They are similar and different in so many ways. I have a problem with Bath & Body Works. Every time I go I spend way too much money. So I have a ban on going to Bath & Body Works until I've used ALL soaps and lotions I've already bought there. It will be a while! I had braces twice. I work in child care at a group home, and it's the most fulfilling job I've ever had. The idea of wearing contacts creeps me out, but I remember sitting on the teeter-totter with my friend Tesla in kindergarten, touching my eyeball to gross out other kids. The order of best desserts goes: Cake, frozen yogurt, apple pie, ice cream, cream pies, then cheesecake. Brownies are up there with cake. I'm half Portuguese, quarter Italian, and the rest is a mixture of German, English, Scottish, and Irish- in the order of most to least. I identify most with my Portuguese and Italian heritage. I've taken 5 "foreign" languages in school: Spanish, French, American Sign Language, German, and Portuguese. I wear size 11 W - 11 1/2 WW in women's shoes, that equals size 9 1/2 - 10 in men's shoes. When I get nervous, I pick at my hangnails and scabs. I think cream cheese and triscuits are the perfect snack- especially reduced sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment