Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else

There are many little things that probably make me a little unique from the average person, or just the average person my age...or just the average girl. I'm just going to list off random things that break the "norm."

-I don't really like clothes shopping.
-I hate shoes, especially since I broke my ankle! You try and find shoes that fit 11 W - 11 1/2 WW feet that don't look hideous!
-I don't much care for make up. When I'm at the gym, sometimes I'll see girls with it PLASTERED on. Sometimes I'll even see commercials for that mineral make up that supposedly covers EVERYTHING. Women on the commercials are always whining about hating their freckles, or whatever else... I like my freckles. The only thing I don't like is pimples. If I'm going somewhere nice or I just want to look a little "prettier," I will sometimes dab on a little cover up and then blend it in... And I often will put on a little mascara with MAYBE some eyeshadow... But I'm typically au natural. I like being natural. ...I do however, enjoy putting my hair in curlers from time to time. lol
-In that same vein, I appreciate my birthmarks, flat brown moles (like dark freckles), and scars. I don't have any desire to cover any of that up... But I would appreciate it madly if my stretch marks would disappear. lol
-I play video games. Not nearly as much as I used to, but I still enjoy them. I tend to stick to Nintendo games because they seem to be the least complicated... If you put an Xbox controller in my hands, I just stare at you blankly for a few minutes.
-I love science and math. It's apparently not that common for girls to love those aspects of education. I've actually been known to solve math problems for fun, because I'm that much of a dork.
-I collect rocks and foreign currency. Every time I go on a trip, I tend to bring a rock home with me. I've yet to bring one home from Arizona, though. I'm waiting to go to The Grand Canyon, The Painted Desert, or just go wandering around in the Desert sometime when I'm there... THEN I'll bring a rock home from Arizona.
-I would much rather have a few friends that I hold close, than to have a lot of people I sort of know. This is why I trimmed down my friends list on Facebook from 640-something to 240-something. I often sit and think about who else I could delete if I wanted to. hehe
-I twiddle my thumbs sometimes, when I'm bored, a habit I picked up from my grandpa...but even more so when I'm bored...? I braid my hair or pick at my hangnails.
-I have nerve damage from a case of Shingles when I was 21. It's gotten a little better, but it will more than likely be a life long condition. And in case you didn't know, you can get Shingles multiple times... So I'm potentially doomed as far as that goes!
-I hate "romance" movies. I will never watch The Notebook or Nights in Rodanthe, or 90% of Amanda Seyfried's movies... Or anything else with Rachel McAddams in it... Blah! I actually tend to prefer a good romantic comedy or just flat out comedy over just about anything else. But sometimes action and drama can be pretty awesome.
-I hate poetry. I am often amused with limericks though, and will sometimes make them up at random.
-When I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer. In fact, from about the age of 6 or so until just a few years into college, I still played with the idea of becoming a screenwriter for television. I write awesome dialogue, and I have great ideas...but I suck at all of the meaningless details (think: Tolkein). I still wouldn't mind writing someday, but I know that I need a good solid foundation for a career before I really even think about spending time writing scripts again.

How's that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment