Thursday, August 5, 2010

6.4

I interrupt this 30 Day challenge to tell you that in the last week I have lost 6.4 pounds, going by the scale at my gym. I am extremely proud of myself in attempting to make a lifestyle change, not just a "diet."

-I've been writing down every thing I eat, even if it's something I should be embarrassed about, so later I can assess the damage and ask myself what I could have done better during that particular day, moment, or time.
-I've been aiming for 210 minutes a week of physical activity, which levels out to 30 minutes a day. If I can't find 30 minutes a day to exercise, I feel extremely guilty now. However, since I've instated this 210 goal, I've beat it every week. This week I'm somewhere around 380 minutes, and on Tuesday I had already passed my weekly goal.

When I watch shows like The Biggest Loser and Losing it With Jillian Michaels (which I hear has been canceled) it helps keep me motivated. I created one of my two main mantras based on Jillian Michaels. I just say "What Would Jillian Do?" If she would scream at me to push through a hurdle on the treadmill for another minute, I'm going to do it. If she wouldn't eat garbage, I try not to eat garbage.

Yes, I'm making a real effort this time. Especially after I realized that I was having fun exercising and eating right... And I still managed to lose 6.4 pounds!

By the way, in case you were wondering about my other mantra, it's "No more excuses!"

No comments:

Post a Comment