Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

Dear Someone-Who-Has-Hurt-Me-Recently,

When you told me that we couldn't be friends anymore because we were dealing with similar issues, I was extremely hurt. Especially since I was once someone you considered a close enough friend to call the night something major happened in your life, stating that you had to call me because I was "one of your people." That call came less than a year before you decided that we could no longer be friends (nine months or so). It caught me completely off guard, and I still don't understand what happened there. All I can say is that I thought it was pretty juvenile that you couldn't even tell me what I did wrong or what these "similar issues" were.

I went through a period of extreme anger toward you after this happened. Now, through insight from someone who knew you rather well at one point, I discovered that it really was the best thing for both of us. I'm glad that you decided to be selfish, and sever ties with me. Because it prevented me from a world of hurt in the long run.

I'm happy for you and the things that you have accomplished in your life, but I don't care to be a part of it anymore.

<3
Mil

No comments:

Post a Comment