Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you





My brother Curtis' and sister-in-law Jamie's kids.

You know, there have been many times of doubt or struggle in my life. Ranging from extremely mild to bigger deals... No matter what's going on in my life, these kids, all three of them, have always made me feel like a million bucks. I try to be a great awesome aunt to them in any way that I can, even if that means playing video games for several hours a day, or trying to teach them how to play Risk (Monkey (my niece) is always on my team in that regard, because she's way too young to understand it- but she rolls the dice for me!)... It doesn't matter really what we do, but I always feel like I'm loved unconditionally by these kids.

If I'm having a particularly rough time, like depression just won't leave me, I just need to go spend a few hours with them, and that frown is turned back upside down!

They have a big impact on me in that regard, but in so many other ways, too. There have been things that have happened in my life, that has made me doubt the possibility of ever having kids of my own, but when I spend time with them, I get reminded of how awesome it is to have kids. Sure, it will always have ups and downs, but I know that in the long run, it would be worth it.

These kids make me strive to be better because I want to watch them grow up, I want to be at Madison's wedding someday-when she's older than 25, because no one will ever be good enough for her...lol! And I want to be able to be there when they have kids of their own... And too, I want to be healthy and happy to do this...and I want the same for when I have kids of my own.

So they really have an impact me in a million and one ways. They are awesome kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment