Monday, April 26, 2010

170...

So life is well, life. Nothing amazing has truly been going on. I decided that I'm truly just not emotionally or mentally equipped for a relationship at the moment. I also decided that I won't have the free time available come August 2nd, to deal with a relationship, especially a potentially long distance one! So I slammed on the brakes, yet again.

I went to Phoenix for my birthday, and I had a great time. Every time I go there, I feel like my soul is free. I've decided too, that when I finish my masters degree, I may try to make a serious attempt to move there. Instead, this time, I'll be looking for jobs for a WHILE before I think about moving there. I will try to set up interviews, and fly out there for those interviews, and fly back home after them (unless I set up multiple interviews in the same week). Anyhow...that's currently my plan as far as that goes.

Life is going pretty well aside from that. I gained a little weight back over the last couple of weeks where I fell off the weight loss wagon. The start was Easter. I had issues getting back into the swing of the diet, but I got back to it today, and I hope to power through it until Thanksgiving. I have about 40 pounds to lose before I will start to incorporate more sugar and flour back into my diet (natural sugars, like honey and 100% natural maple syrup).

I think my ideal goal is about 170. I had set it as 155 on Sparkpeople.com because that's what the BMI charts say that I should weigh. But when people I know state their weight and I think they look fine the way they are, I have issues imagining myself down at those weights, because I'm about 5'8" and I've been overweight my whole life. My main goal right now, is to get as close to 200 before August as I can for a couple of reasons. #1: I'll be starting my masters, so it might be hard to adhere to my diet 100% of the time, but I'll try to! #2: I'll be able to see my doctor at CSUF again. The last time I saw her, I weighed around 272 (the highest I've ever been), and I want to be able to show her the progress I've made (I'm proud of the 30 pounds I've already lost, but I want it to be more than that!). I also want to have blood tests to check my cholesterol and blood sugar...and get my blood pressure checked on a regular basis again. I look forward to using the health center. They also have nutritionists I could take advantage of, too!

So life is pretty good...minus the migraines. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment