Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I resolve...

Happy New Year!

My resolutions are:

1. Lose 52 pounds or more, one for each week of the year
2. Continue being smoke free, it's been about 6 1/2 years

Since the start of the new year, I've already lost 2.5 pounds, so I'm happy about that. I've been trying to incorporate a specific type of diet into my lifestyle, a Mediterranean one. I've still been trying to kick my unhealthy snacking emotions. I tend to get some seasonal depression, and I'm an emotional eater. I've recognized my demons, so to speak. Anyhow, I feel like as long as I'm making an attempt to eat better, am making less stupid food decisions, and am staying under the amount of calories consumed in a day that it takes to maintain my present weight (whatever it may be at the time), I'm counting the day as a win.

I gained some weight after the whole broken ankle business, add to that the seasonal depression. When the boot came off, I was 241.5, and when I weighed myself at the start of the new year I was 251. I am presently 248.5. I hope that by the end of the year I am below 200 pounds, even if it's just one pound below (which would be 199, therefore 52 pounds lost). Last year I lost 21 pounds and kept it off the entire year. I am proud of that fact.

I still have a long way to go, as right now my target is around 150. I figure I'll get down to that point and see how I feel and if I want to lose more, but for now, 150 is an ideal amount. It's in the upper-to-mid range on the BMI scale for a healthy weight.

My ankle is still giving me some issues when I exert it too much, so I'm starting small with physical activity. I'm doing yoga 4-5 days a week and I'm doing balance exercises on Wii Fit to help strengthen the ankle. I'm also planning on next week, hitting the gym to go swimming in the indoor pool at least once a week, and add to that walking for 10+ minutes at a time, so my ankle can get used to repetitive stress. I'm hoping by the beginning of February I can begin the Couch to 5k program again, which is a running program to get you to be able to run 5k (3.2 miles) without stopping. I completed it last year in April. When I'm getting close to finishing the program I'll be looking for a 5k to actually compete in so I can say that I at least accomplished that much in 2010, added to my intended weight loss goal!

I will be looking to all of my family and friends for moral and emotional support, as well as workout buddies if you'd like to at some point! Just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete