Sunday, May 3, 2009

"OLE!"

I didn't end up with any pictures today. I was too pooped after working 10 1/2 hours, driving an hour to get home, taking a 3 hour nap, skating for 2 hours...so I didn't bother.

However, at the roller rink, I only fell down 3 times! Granted, most of the time I spent at the rink today was on carpet (maybe 10 minutes of 2 hours was spent in the actual rink). I have a new move though. I call it "The Ole!" Every time I'd start to fall but was able to recover, I shot my arm up in the air as if I were saying "OLE!" It kept me from falling, and I got a good laugh out of saying "OLE!"

Hopefully in a matter of 2 weeks I'll have health insurance, and then by the end of the month hopefully I'll have skates and gear. I'm not expecting to do anything amazing as of yet or anything...lol I'm not even expecting to make it passed the concept of being a "passable skater" by the end of the year. But I'm just stubborn enough that I'm keeping with it.

But the skates at the rink were a bit rough on my feet, which is not allowing me to run today. But Tuesday, I'll run!

No comments:

Post a Comment