Sunday, April 5, 2009

Unreal birthday, and it hasn't even come yet.

For the last three days, I'd received gifts in the mail from my two best Australian pals, Josh and Tim, who happen to be brothers. The first day I received a keychain and a wristband with the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess logos on them.
The next day, it was a can of Slurm from Futurama.
The next day, it was a Captain Yesterday figurine, also from Futurama, which if you didn't know is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I've seen every episode so many times I can actually quote the series at length.

On Tuesday after work at the school, I'm going to be driving up to San Jose to spend two nights with my future roommate, Mel. So I'll actually be in San Jose on my birthday! I'm excited, because the last time I did anything somewhat major on my birthday was when I turned 21, and I drove down to Morro Bay. The day after my birthday I had a lump show up on the side of my head. I assumed it was a spider bite because I had been working in the field for my parents. No. It wasn't a spider bite. It was the node from a batch of shingles. I think that's part of the reason I was turned off of doing anything major for my birthday since then.

So anyway, the following week, on Monday morning, I'm going to drive down to Los Angeles to visit my friend Aurora for two days, then stop in Santa Barbara and visit my friends Michelle and Chris for a day, then I'll be back home again.

I'm just excited for spring break already! I still have to work at the group home, and that's okay, because I need the money anyway! But I'm ready for my trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment