Saturday, April 18, 2009

Traveling and such

I went to Downtown LA earlier this week to visit my good friend Aurora. We went hiking in Griffith Park, gorged on pizza, and watched Twilight on the only full day I spent there. (Arrived on Monday afternoon and left on Wednesday morning.) I had tons of fun. I also found myself enjoying Twilight far more than I expected to. I think part of it is that it's just so ridiculously cheesy that it's hard not to laugh about.

On Wednesday morning I hit the road for Santa Barbara, I was supposed to be staying the night at my college friend Michelle's apartment near UCSB, but she was so slammed with being busy that after I met up with my friend Chris and spent a few hours with him, I decided to hit the road for home.

I managed to twist my ankle a little bit during the hike in Griffith Park, and I went through with ignoring the slight pain until I got back home on Wednesday night. I woke on Thursday morning to my ankle and knee being in agony. For this reason, I haven't gone on any runs since I've been back home. This means I haven't ran in a week! I'm worried that when I go running tomorrow (Sunday), I won't be able to hang for 30 minutes. I'm going to try though! The point is that I try, right?

So at work at the group home, there have been two times over the last two weeks that one resident's point tally for the day has totaled 408. 408 is the area code for the bay area, for anyone that is unknowing. I feel like San Jose is calling my name because of this. haha! But I have an order of importance right now.
1) Buy new car
2) Move to San Jose

The sooner the better. I refer to my current lifestyle as "pretend I'm flat broke." I will be living to the bare minimum for the next 6 months so I can get my car ASAP.

I actually stopped by Office Depot yesterday morning and was surprised to see a "Now Hiring!" sign in the door! I thought about applying right then and there, but I was too tired. So the plan is to head back over there some time this week and go ahead and reapply. I worked there for almost 3 years, so they don't even have to train me if they rehired me. The main point here is that I only have one solid month of pay at the school until that is over (it will be over in early June). So I will want to find a second job to help me bring in more money to get my car sooner. I want to live in San Jose already.

No comments:

Post a Comment