Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rollin' With My Homies

So on Sunday I'm going to get a short nap after work and then I'm going to head off to the roller rink to start getting my sea legs. It's been a really long time since I've had skates on my feet (try something like 18 years!), so I really need to do this to make sure I'm up for it. I'm about 90% sure I'm stubborn enough to keep at it, even if I end up with road rash all over the place, lol. I want this. I want this more than I've wanted anything in my life (and you have no idea how much I'm longing for prince charming to come knocking at my door with a box of Bordeaux from See's in hand!).

I also determined that my Derby name will end up being Zero Wing. Some of you might get the reference, some of you will definitely not. It depends on how nerdy you are coupled with how much you are into video games.

But here's a Wikipedia article on Zero Wing. Brief explanation: 1989 video game which has a poorly translated introduction. If you've ever heard the phrase "All your base are belong to us," Zero Wing is where it came from.

...If the number "00" (that is double zeros) is not taken by any of the other girls on the team, I'll be snatching that number, but if not, I'll probably go for "89," the year the game was made.

(P.S.: I'm thinking of the movie Clueless in the title of this blog entry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment