Sunday, April 19, 2009

2.2 Miles

So I ran earlier today, and I managed to accomplish 2.2 miles after I hadn't ran in a week! I am still very impressed with myself, considering I had thought I would only be able to handle 1/2 a mile. I didn't give in, and I kept pushing at it. Before I know it, I'll be able to run more than 5 miles without stopping!

I feel very well otherwise. I haven't been sick in about two months, and I think I owe this to the fact that I've been taking something like 700 mg of Vitamin C daily. (Don't worry, I looked it up, over 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily is potentially toxic, so I'm in the clear.) Even my allergies haven't been so bad (coupled with my allergy pills, Vitamin C is also supposed to help stave off allergy problems. Ahh, the things we learn from the internet)!

(Another thing I learned from the internet recently? The difference in ceiling fan rotation! In hot summer months, you should have your fan set to counter-clockwise. In cold winter months, it should be set to clockwise. This is the best way to make use of your ceiling fan. I discovered there was an issue with my fan this passed weekend when it was 83+ degrees in my bedroom when I was trying to sleep between shifts at the group home. So I took it upon myself to look up the difference in ceiling fan rotation. And although my thermostat still says its 83 in my room (I just looked), the ceiling fan being on makes it more bearable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment