Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm ready to go!

Since my last post in here I've lost 5 pounds. To date: I've lost 19.5 pounds.
I'm on week 5 of the Couch to 5k program, and by Thursday I should be able to run for 20 minutes straight without stopping! I'm ready to go! Is it Thursday yet?
I need to get actual running shoes though, mostly because my shoes are falling apart in the heels, but also because I've kept with it for 5 weeks already, this is obviously a life change I'm intent on making.

April 13th to April 16th, I'm planning on going to visit a friend in Santa Barbara for a day then heading down to Los Angeles to visit my good friend Aurora for two days. I'm ready to go! Is it April 13th yet? Originally I was supposed to go to Phoenix to visit Barb, but she's going to be in Montreal for about a month because her mother has been in and out of the hospital frequently lately. So the Phoenix trip was canceled, yet again.

There's nothing else really pertinent to report, aside from the fact that my credit card debt is cut in more than half at the moment. I'll be applying my birthday money toward my debt, as well, so that will slash it in half again, I think. Then, I'll only have a small amount to pay off. After that is paid off, I will be saving every dime that I can to put toward getting a new car. Hopefully I'll be able to afford said new (used) car by July or so, so that way I can afford to move out in August. That's the floor plan, anyway.
I really want to experience what it's like to live alone, even if it's for a short while before I move away to go to school. I want to see what it's like to be the only person I have to rely on, I want to know what it's like to live alone (After hearing several horror stories from friends about their roommates). It's just something I feel I must do.

Oh, also I've been looking throughout the State of California for masters programs in Geography and Geology. At the moment, I'm very interested in going away somewhere else in the state for my degree, so I can experience a completely different kind of life and living. I've been looking at CSU-Fullerton. As much as I'd love to get accepted to UC-Santa Barbara because their program is amazing and I already have a fellow CSU-Fresno graduate there getting her masters, I know that my GPA isn't good enough, and their acceptance rates for the program isn't very high (100+ applicants, 25 accepted). I decided that I will enroll in classes at Fresno City College for the fall and spring semester while I'm also working on taking the GRE and experiencing living on my own but still near my family. The classes at FCC will hopefully help boost my GPA a little bit, even if it's a little bit, I can show the colleges I'd be applying to my "straight A" transcripts since my last semester at CSUF. So that's the plan for now. I've got my eye on CSU-Fullerton.

No comments:

Post a Comment