Sunday, March 29, 2009

Run Forrest, Run!

I've totally and completely adopted a runner's mentality.

When it's windy, I say, "Yay! A chance for more endurance training!"

When I've had the stomach flu the night before, I say, "Oh well, can't miss a run!"

When my shoes start falling apart, I say, "Yay, it's time to get some new awesome running shoes!" (Keep in mind that my 'running shoes' right now are actually 'basketball shoes' because I've been too broke/lazy to go buy some running shoes!)

When a friend asks me to hang out, I say, "Sure, but I've gotta do my run, first!"

When I must eat before a run, I say, "Okay, as long as it's not going to give me heartburn or make me barf!"

When I have to blow my nose, I say, "Gotta push through it," as I lift my shirt up and blow my nose on the inside of my shirt. (Mom suggests I start carrying one of dad's handkerchiefs on my runs. Probably not a bad idea.)



So anyway... I don't let anyone or anything get in the way of my running schedule as it now stands. On Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, you can find me running around near my Mom and Dad's housing complex.

I love running. I'm a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment